Monday 3 October 2011

The Efficacy of the Surah

We can gauge its efficacy as a supplication in the light of a qudsi hadith reported by Muslim. This hadith shows that whenever a worshipper recites Al-Fatihah sincerely and consciously in his daily Prayers, every word uttered is received with gracious and instantaneous acceptance by Allah.


Abu Hurayrah says that he heard the Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, saying that Allah the Exalted says:

 “I have divided the Prayer into two portions, between Myself and My servant, and My servant will have what he asks for.”

---When the servant says, “All praise and thanks are due to Allah, the Sustainer of the universe,” Allah the Most High says: “My servant has thanked Me.”

---And when the servant says, “The Most Gracious, the Ever Merciful,” Allah the Most High says: “My servant has praised Me.”

---When the servant says, “Sovereign of the Day of Judgement,” Allah says: “My servant has glorified Me.”

---And when the servant says, “You alone we worship, and You alone we call upon for help,” Allah says: “This (portion) is common between Me and My servant, and My servant will have what he asks for.”

--- And when the worshipper says, “Guide us the straight way - the way of those whom You have favoured, those who have not incurred Your displeasure, and those who have not gone astray,” Allah says: “This is for My servant, and My servant will receive what he asks for.” (Muslim)

No comments:

Post a Comment